Women in Real Estate 2021
Sue Adler, Wendy Papasan, Marki Lemons Ryhal, and Shannon W. King
A special International Women’s Day episode honoring agents and brokers everywhere.
Future-Proofing Your Business: Tips for 2021 from 4 of Real Estate’s Most Successful Women!
Join us March 10th as some of the most successful women in real estate come together in one impactful webinar to discuss what they’ve learned from 2020, and the steps they have taken to safeguard their businesses against unpredictable market changes.
Topics will include:
- How we have pivoted; what aspects will continue post-pandemic and why.
- Building a tribe and hiring your first assistant.
- Planning for your exit strategy today.
- Building a niche by setting boundaries and saying “NO.”
With 20 years of marketing and consulting experience and many years as a real estate investor, Wendy brings a savvy mix of sales and shrewd negotiating skills to her role as leader of The Papasan Properties Group at Keller Williams Realty in Austin, TX. In 2015, her team was ranked in the top 250 teams out of 120,000 agents in all of Keller Williams.
Marki Lemons Ryhal
In 2017 Marki was Guest Editor of REALTOR® Magazine, March/April edition. As a REALTOR®, Marki has earned the REALTOR® Achievement Award and The President’s Award from the Chicago Association of REALTORS®. By consistently offering sound industry analysis and professional guidance, Marki’s expertise has been featured in The Chicago Tribune, Chicago Agent Magazine, Forbes, REALTOR® Magazine and has also been included on CBSNews Chicago and CNBC.
In 2010, Marki was named the Illinois Real Estate Educator of the Year. Marki began her career in education in 1993 and currently works as a speaker and coach, teaching social media and technology classes for the National Association of REALTORS®, REBAC, REBI, University of Chicago-Polsky Center, Goldman Sachs 10k Small Businesses, and REALOGY. Marki holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Management from Chicago State University a Master’s in Business Administration from Saint Xavier University, and over fifty real estate related licenses, certifications, and designations. With over 25 years of marketing experience, Marki Lemons-Ryhal a fifth generation entrepreneur has established herself as an award-winning social media speaker and course author. In a market where change is the only constant factor, Marki has used her dynamic, professional attitude and vast experience to become one of the top speakers in the country relying on content from one of the several real estate continuing education classes she has authored.
Shannon W. King
Since becoming licensed in 2000, Shannon W. King has assisted more than a 1000 families with their real estate needs in multiple states. Island Living Homes is the third boutique real estate firm she’s started.
King is known as the “Real Estate Road Warrior”, because her Naval Officer husband’s job requires they relocate often. Their frequent relocation and purchasing of properties when they move, helps her uniquely understand the transaction from a buyers and sellers perspective. They have lived in TX, CA, DC, Italy and HI and own investment properties in most of these places.
As a socialpreneur, King co-founded Schoolhouse Realty, a community based company in CA that gives 10% of its proceeds to schools. They have given over $160,000 to schools! King continues the tradition of donating to schools in Hawaii. Prior to that, she owned Tribella Realty in Texas. King still holds her Texas Brokers license.
When she’s not busy negotiating a great deal for her clients, you can find her speaking internationally for companies and associations about her first-hand experience of moving into new markets, creating a unique brand, building a client base from scratch and utilizing mobile technology to create a streamlined process.
As a 30 under 30 award recipient, King is an active voice for the real estate industry, serving the National Association of Realtors as 2020 Consumer Advocacy Communications and Advisory Board for NARs Leadership Academy. Some past appointments include the extended leadership team, executive committee, finance committee, Chair for Strategic Planning, Member Communications and YPN, and the PAG for REALTOR University.
As an “Outlier” who grew up in the Real Estate business, Sue has proven that it’s possible to start over in any market and succeed. She was the #2 RE/MAX agent in Pennsylvania, before moving up to Short Hills, where she started over, in 2004. She became a partner in the Short Hills, Summit, Chatham, and Livingston Keller Williams’ offices, and quickly turned what was once “Sue who?” and “Keller who?” into household names among the NJ Midtown Direct real estate community.
The Sue Adler Team has been the #1 Keller Williams Team in New Jersey for the past 15 years, and one of the top teams in the country. The team is on track to produce $225m in sales in 2020, with an average price of $1m.
The Sue Adler Team prides itself on seamless communication, working tirelessly for their clients, leaving no stone unturned, and delivering on their promises. Sue has hired a team of specialists, strategists and consultants for The Sue Adler Team to ensure that the team’s clients receive the highest caliber of service imaginable in the industry. A blend between caring and competitive, they love to win for their clients and when you entrust them with the sale or purchase of your home, they set you up for success. The Sue Adler Team nets more for their clients because they do more!
- Listed: Inman’s 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders in America 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 (Inman News is the leading news source for Realtors in the Industry)
- Listed: Inman’s 33 People Changing the Real Estate Industry
- Founder of “Hear it Direct”, consumer panel conferences for the Real Estate Industry, and led the “movement” to create the ultimate customer experience and to change the reputation of the industry. 2011-2014. Donated the video content from the buyer and seller focus group interviews to Keller Williams International for “The Customer Experience” Course, which, to date, is still one of KW’s most impactful courses
- Recognized by Women’s Council of Realtors as One of The Leading Women in Real Estate
- Sue and her team were #1 in dollar volume closed production in GSMLS every year 2013-present, out of approx 7500 agents.
- The Sue Adler Team is the #1 Keller Williams Team in New Jersey for dollar volume sold for 15 years straight (2005- Present)
- Since 2007, The Sue Adler Team has ranked between 5 and 25 out of approx. 165,000 Keller Williams Agents Worldwide.
- Partner in the Keller Williams Summit-Millburn-Short Hills-Chatham-Madison Office
- Sue is a 2% owner of the Keller Williams UK Region, which brings us International Relocation business.
- Wall Street Journal/REAL Trends Top Real Estate Professionals 2010 to Present
- Secrets of top selling agent’s webinar – Creating a Great Consumer Experience On and Offline
- Five Star Professional – 2020
Partial List of International & Local Real Estate Conferences that Sue has spoken at:
- Inman Global Connect NYC & SF 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2019,2020
- Four Main stage convention interviews with Gary Keller
- Star Power Annual Conference – 2010 Nashville, 2011 San Diego
- Several Keller Williams International Panels every year since 2007
- ORPI – France, Annual Real Estate Convention 2011 – Paris
- Full day training for KWUK in London
- Real Estate Success Rocks Conferences
- Amplify – Amplifying the voices of women in business
Register to get this Webinar recording emailed to you:
I confirm that the contact information I have provided is my information, and I consent to receiving your emails, calls, prerecorded messages, voicemails and texts, which may involve automated means, whether to provide me information or to market your products. Message & data rates may apply. I understand that this consent is not required in order to make a purchase, this consent applies even if I have registered my phone number on the national Do Not Call registry, and I can revoke my consent at any time.NOTE: If you do not see the registration form above, allow or unblock 3rd party cookies in your browser.