If you do not see the player above, allow or unblock 3rd party cookies in your browser.
The MLS is Making the Market Work® … but what is making the MLS work?*
Every few weeks, Andy Woolley, a longtime advocate and eyewitness to all things MLS, will sit down with the executive of a smartly operated MLS to explore the secrets of their success. Together they will explore where the strategy, operations, and execution intersect, enabling the smart MLS to power an efficient and vibrant real estate market.
Power is gained by sharing knowledge. Experience is a master teacher. We hope this podcast will be a platform for collaboration, sharing ideas to empower all MLSs to operate smarter.
Whether you are an MLS director or executive interested in learning the fundamentals powering the smart MLS, or just want to hear some great career advice, the Secrets of a Smarter MLS Podcast is for you.
* “The MLS is Making the Market Work” is a CMLS registered trademark used by permission.
- 17 – Brian Donnellan, Bright MLS President and CEO | It Does Work Best When It’s On the MLS May 27, 2021A free, open, and transparent market works. Easy to say, difficult to prove, unless you are Bright MLS. Brian shares details of their study analyzing properties listed, marketed, and sold on the MLS compared to properties sold off the MLS. Rather than speaking in generalities, the study uncovered empirical evidence supporting the assertion that the […]Homes.com
- 16 – Rene Galicia, Director of MLS Engagement, National Association of REALTORS | NAR and MLSs Collaborate September 30, 2020NAR is expanding its cooperation with the MLS community, due in large part to Rene’s role as the liaison to local MLSs. Rene and Andy discuss NARs recent efforts to collaborate with the Council of MLSs to evolve MLS policy, NAR role enforcing RESO data standards, and NAR's successful efforts supporting members through the pandemic.Homes.com
- 15 – Hotsheet Episode | Terry Romel, Information Services Manager, Regional MLS June 17, 2020RMLS™, the Northwest’s largest REALTOR®-owned multiple listing service is hyper focussed on serving their 15,000 members. Terry explains how RMLS expanded training services during COVID-19, virtualized classrooms that will continue into the future. Terry and Andy also review improving market trends in the RMLS area, with some golf banter mixed in for fun!Homes.com
- 14 – Managing Stress – Yours and Others: a Practical Exercise | Dr. Barry Hayes PhD June 9, 2020"Stress: what we can't function without becomes problematic when out of control," notes clinical psychologist Dr. Barry Hayes. Today's podcast is a practical exercise in stress management. Do not drive while listening!Homes.com
- 13 – Hotsheet Episode | Nicole Aguilar, Director of Marketing & Communications, California Regional MLS May 29, 2020As the communications director for the largest MLS organization, Nicole discusses with Andy how she delivers consistent messaging to over 100,000 members of CRMLS, along with the impact the Covid-19 pandemic has had on the content being delivered and the engagement of CRMLS members.Homes.com
- 12 – Hotsheet Episode | Rene Galvan, Executive Vice President, Houston Association of REALTORS May 21, 2020HAR is guiding members through challenging times by protecting real estate’s status as an essential service, expanding online training, and eliminating $5 million in fees. They have learned a smarter way to operate that will continue well into the future.Homes.com
- 11 – Hotsheet Episode | Deborah Boza-Valledor, COO and CMO of Miami REALTORS May 5, 2020How to train members online during stay-at-home orders and conduct Virtual Open Houses. Miami REALTORS offers bilingual training and MLS access to their 50,000 members.Homes.com
- 10 – Hotsheet Episode | Casey Hickman, Chief Operating Officer, UtahRealEstate.com May 1, 2020Casey reviews how they moved their entire customer service team to soft phones and setup a special Covid-19 tracking page at www.utahrealestatestats.com.Homes.com
- 09- Hotsheet Episode | John Ryan, Chief Marketing Officer, Georgia MLS April 29, 2020Andy and John introduce a new short format to focus attention on innovations happening at the frontlines in today's unprecedented market conditions.Homes.com
- 08 – Denee Evans, CEO at Council of MLS | MLSs Making the Market Work April 22, 2020In this two-for-one podcast Denee Evans, CEO of Council of MLS joins Andy both before our world was turned upside down by COVID-19 and after. Includes tips for working at home and details on how CMLS elevates, promotes and supports MLSs nationwide.Homes.com
- 07 – Bill Miller, CEO of MetroList MLS | Everyone Has a Voice at the Table March 17, 2020By constantly soliciting open-ended feedback, northern California MLS MetroList has built a winning organization that both staff and over 18,000 members are proud to be part of. Andy queries Bill on the customer-centric ethos that drives their success.Homes.com
- 07 – Bonus Excerpt: Evolution of MLS Data Sharing in Northern California March 17, 2020How the 7 largest MLSs in Northern California manage data sharing and more with Bill Miller.Homes.com
- 07 – Bonus Excerpt | MLS Cyber Attack March 17, 2020A year ago Metrolist MLS faced a serious cyber attack. Bill Miller explains what happened.Homes.com
- 06 – Sam DeBord, RESO CEO | Goodbye Gridlock – Why Open Standards are a No-Brainer December 12, 2019How the new WebAPI transport standard, emerging new standards like UPI, and future standards expansion will drive industry efficiency. Andy interviews the multi-faceted Sam DeBord, CEO of RESO, the organization responsible for developing, promoting, and maintaining electronic commerce standards for the real estate industry.Homes.com
- 05 – Chris Carrillo, CEO of Metro MLS | A Passion for Service December 4, 2019Chris Carrillo’s passion for MLS runs deep and is a key aspect of his success as the CEO of Metro MLS. It also drives Chris’ contributions to the industry, serving as the 2019 Chairperson of CMLS, a founding member of MLS Aligned, and a groundbreaking co-venture with ARMLS. Chris joins Andy for a conversation about […]Homes.com
- 04 – Brad Bjelke, CEO of UtahRealEstate.com | Facilitate Cooperation to Get The Most Eyeballs November 26, 2019Recovering attorney and law professor Brad Bjelke jumped into the MLS world with a hands-on and inspiring leadership approach. As the CEO of UtahRealEstate.com, Utah's largest MLS, he facilitates an efficient team, operating their own MLS system and consumer portal. Get the scoop on the "the Ocho," "MLS of choice" and other policy from the […]Homes.com
- 03 – Glenn Christoph, Intermountain MLS CEO | Customer Service is Key November 7, 2019Glenn Christoph knows that customer service is the key to running a smarter MLS, having served as both a vendor and MLS principal in a variety of markets over the last 25 years. He answers questions on ibuyers, “Coming Soon" listings, Policy 8.0 and more.Homes.com
- 02 – Karen Kage, Realcomp CEO | Battles won, Battles Lost November 1, 2019Karen Kage entered the MLS industry 30 years ago looking for a job, not a career. Today she is one of the most respected CEOs in our industry. This episode explores her path to CEO, her battle with the FTC, and advice for today’s emerging leaders.Homes.com
- 01 – Jeremy Crawford, First MLS CEO | Technology, Standards and Leadership October 24, 2019Jeremy Crawford knows how to run an MLS, because he knows how an MLS runs, having served as CEO of RESO, CIO of Sandicor and MLSListings Inc and currently as CEO of Atlanta-based First MLS. In this inaugural episode, Andy brings out lessons from Jeremy's 25 years in the industry and explores the future, discussing […]Homes.com
- 00 – Trailer | Secrets of a Smarter MLS Podcast September 10, 2019Join host Andy Woolley, a longtime advocate and eyewitness to all things MLS, as he sits down with the executive of a smartly operated MLS to explore the secrets of their success. Power is gained by sharing knowledge. Experience is a master teacher. A platform for sharing ideas to empower all MLSs to operate smarter. […]Homes.com